3 Steps to JIS Admission
Whether you're crossing oceans to move to Jakarta or are just a short drive away, choosing a school is an important decision. Our admissions process is simple, personal and convenient. You can spend less time worrying about requirements and more time discovering how learning happens at JIS.
Step One: Submit Application
Please note that submitting an application form is the first step in the application process. We must receive all required documentation, as explained in Steps Two and Three before we can process an application. Students' eligibility for enrollment will be reviewed based on documentation submitted by their parents/guardians. Submission of an application does not guarantee admission. Seats fill up quickly and we recommend you complete your application as soon as possible.
If your child is receiving learning support services, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, or any other support services for learning, behavior, or wellness please let us know before filling out an application. We will start communicating with you about your child's particular needs and let you know what documentation to include in your child's application.
Step Two: Complete Requirements
After submitting your application, you need to submit supporting documents as listed in your online application Dashboard. Supplemental forms for submitting these requirements can be accessed via your online application account. In general, these include:
- Application Fee: IDR 5,000,000
- Academic Records for the last 3 years of school
- A confidential reference from a current teacher
- A student questionnaire - Grades 3 to 12
- A parent questionnaire - Early Years
- For students who require learning support services: Initial, progressive, and current evaluations or reports
To avoid delays to your application, please make sure you follow the format and naming conventions shown on the application form.
Parents are advised that applicants who are admitted to JIS will need to submit the following upon registration: (click on blue text to download forms).
- A Letter of Sponsorship - New families who do not yet a KITAS [visa] or whose school fees will be paid for by a sponsoring company need to submit a letter of sponsorship. This requirement is waived for Founding Embassy employees and for JIS faculty
- A Medical and Immunization Clearance
- Colored Photo IDs of parents/guardians in digital format
- Transfer Certificate (Surat Mutasi) - This is a Ministry of Education requirement. Indonesian Students transferring to JIS from another school in Indonesia should contact their school to provide documents required to obtain this certificate. JIS must receive this certificate within 45 days of the student's first day of school at JIS.
Step Three: Complete Assessments
All applicants from Early Years 1 to Grade 12 go through an evaluation process that assesses skills in English language, reading, writing, and mathematics. An admission decision will only be made after your child completes these evaluations.
Early Years Program
The applicant and parents will meet with a member of the Admissions Review Board to ascertain the applicant's readiness for the program. This meeting must be in person.
Grades 1 to 5
Applications will be reviewed on the basis of school records and references. Some applicants may be asked to take an admissions screening test or meet with the Admissions Review Board.
Grades 6 to 10
All applicants will take an admissions screening test. Under approved conditions, this test can be taken at the student’s current school. If that is not possible, the student may take the test at JIS. Delays in testing will delay a decision.
Grades 11 and 12
Applications will be reviewed on the basis of school records and references. Some applicants may be asked to take admission tests or meet with the Admissions Review Board.
Applicants for whom English is not the first language may be required to take an English Language Proficiency Test and attend an interview.
After completing the 3 Steps to Admission, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Board to determine if JIS can offer admission.
The JIS Online Application
This form should be completed by the applicant's parent/s or legal guardian. Fill in each field accurately and completely. Please use Chrome, Firefox or Safari web browsers on a desktop or laptop. You may not be able to save applications submitted on Internet Explorer or on a mobile device.
If you need help in submitting your application, please email or call us at +62 21 7692555. Appointment hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, +7 GMT
Email the JIS Admissions Office. Do not start a new application.
If you are applying for more than one child: After completing an initial application, you will receive a confirmation email together with login instructions for your JIS online application. Please login to your account and start an application for another child by clicking on "Add Applicant".